If your life is in danger, call the police at 110

Close this search box.

Immigration Bureau, Ministry of Justice

Extension of period of stay, Permission to acquire or change status of residence , Application for Certificate of Eligibility, Consultation for residence procedures and re-entry permits. Call 03-5796-7112 for further Immigration problems and information. Call 03-3216-3333 for information about entry and residence for foreigners (daily, 24 hours but voice mail, push buttons phone only). Closed on national holidays and yearend/New Year Holidays (December 29 to January 3).
Japanese:03-3580-4111/English 5796-7112/Voice mail 3216-3333
English Hours: Monday-Friday
Languages Spoken: English, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai