If your life is in danger, call the police at 110

Close this search box.

Japan Automobile Federation (JAF)

Provides roadside assistance. You must be a registered member in order to receive the road service. To obtain a Japanese license, you will need application form, passport, alien registration card, photo and your overseas license with a certified translation (3,000 yen) available from the Japan Automobile Federation. . JAF produces a booklet “Rules of the Road” in English. You may need to pass a written and/or driving test. The fee for issuing standard license is 4,150 yen.
JAF Navi Dial 9am-8pm everyday:0570-00-2811/Roadside service 03-5395-0111 (you must have a membership card at hand)
English Hours: 09:00-16:30 (24 hour telephone service) / Monday-Friday
Languages Spoken: English maybe available depending on if there’s someone who can speak English.