Reporting to the Outreach Community Services Manager, this position will be responsible for engaging with organizations and individuals to hold community service programs such as workshops, building awareness, networking with key groups in the community, and taking part in other community and corporate events. The position also involves recruitment of volunteers for the Lifeline; developing, implementing, and evaluating program objectives, as well as activities to support and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of community programs for TELL.
Roles and responsibilities
Help achieve TELL’s objectives and missions in Outreach
- Dedicate 10-20 hours each week to supporting the Community Services Manager in their tasks
- Liaise with the Community Services Manager or others to schedule therapists / clinicians for workshops / events
- Work with providers to procure event space, facilities, translators, audio/IT connectivity
- Attend and support the facilitation of workshops, TELL events such as Step Up, Conferences, Pub Quizzes, and so on; community events, volunteering at such events, and build awareness at these events
- Build relations and develop partnerships with external organizations and institutions, such as schools, professional associations, etc.
- Lead on marketing services and promotion of TELL events and/or awareness campaigns
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Provide timely monthly accounts for inclusion in board reports
- Ensure community awareness of these programs and services by being an active and engaged advocate for TELL
Locations and Commitments:
- Work Hours per month: an average of 60 hours per month dedicated to this role (10-20 hours a week)
- Any commuting costs necessary to perform tasks will be reimbursed
- Although this role will be primarily remote and located in Kansai, there is a chance that the coordinator may occasionally be requested to travel to other regions to assist with outreach activities, or to liaise with the team.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- A passion for making connections in the community, and ideas for community building and organizing.
- Handles both routine and confidential information in an appropriate, respectful manner.
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to remain flexible and prioritize job duties independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English, organization and interpersonal skills, proficient in Google Suite and Salesforce applications.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Knowledge of and connection to the international community in Kansai
- Working knowledge of Japanese or another language is a plus
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter, or with questions.