If your life is in danger, call the police at 110

Close this search box.

Licensed Psychotherapist

TELL Counseling seeks to find an enthusiastic, licensed psychotherapist to provide counseling to adults, children, couples, or families in-person or via telehealth. All candidates must reside in Japan and have a license (or equivalent) that allows them to practice independently per their governing licensure board or professional associations such as Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, etc. Equivalent experience and requirements would be a masters degree in counseling and a minimum of 1000-1500 post-masters direct therapy hours with at least 100 hours of related clinical supervision. Experience providing therapy for couples, families, and children is a plus but not required. 

This is an independent contractor position and candidates must also carry a minimum required caseload and be available for a monthly staff meeting. TELL is the leading mental health resource for the international community in Japan, and we have a thriving practice in Tokyo, Okinawa, and via Teletherapy which serves the international and local Japanese community, as well as U.S. military active duty members and dependents.

Interested candidates should send a CV or Resume to the Clinical Assistant, Jesse, tell.clinical.assistant@telljp.com and cc the Clinical Director, Billy, clinical.director@telljp.com and the Clinical Manager, Jenny, clinical.manager@telljp.com.

Due to a large number of inquiries, we are only able to respond to applicants who meet the minimum requirements stated above.