Job Title: Tokyo Clinical Assistant
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Terms: Part-time 20 hours per week
Start Date: October 1st 2023
Reporting to: Clinical Director
Since 1973 TELL has been a leader as a not-for-profit organization with the mission to provide world-class, effective support and counseling services to Japan’s international community, as well as helping to address the country’s growing mental health care needs. Our goal is to support the social and emotional well-being of the international community through TELL’s Counseling services.
Therefore, TELL is seeking to meet the needs of our community by hiring a passionate, focused, and motivated individual to join our Clinical team as a Tokyo Clinical Assistant.
Job Summary/ Purpose:
The Tokyo Clinical Assistant has 3 key responsibilities:
- Supporting our Clinical team and functions in the Tokyo Minami-Aoyama office.
- Assisting administrative functions of the Intake and Billing team.
- Coordinating projects and operations necessary to improve processes, policies, and functions of TELL Counseling.
The Tokyo Clinical Assistant (TCA) is responsible for providing in-office support for our clinicians and clients. The TCA will support our clinical team with practical in-office matters, as well as troubleshoot our Practice Management software, Theranest, and Google Suite communications portal. The TCA will need to be a compassionate and balanced individual, willing to support prospective and current clients in our Tokyo office.
Intake and Billing Support
The TCA will work daily with the TELL’s Tokyo and Okinawa coordinators and the Clinical Director to effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the TELL Clinic. This will require efficient communications via email, phone, or in-person meetings, as well as working with systems remotely including video meetings. The TCA will manage and communicate any needs requiring support in the Tokyo office and with our team working remotely to ensure efficiency in daily operations.
Project and Operations Support
A key role of the TCA is to lead projects designed to improve overall efficiency and communications of the TELL Clinic, particularly, in our Tokyo office.
- Work a minimum of 4-days in the TELL Tokyo office per week.
- Cover the Intake and Billing roles when lead staff are out due to annual leave or sickness.
- Support the onboarding of new clinical staff and update related materials.
- Support TELL’s prospective clients through email or via phone.
- Understand client payment policies and health insurance referral information.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Clinical Director.
- Attend a monthly clinical staff meeting and weekly administrative staff meetings.
- Bilingual Japanese and English (fluent reading, writing and speaking).
- Computer proficiency (including Google Workspace & Microsoft Office).
- Experience receiving and processing funds.
- Professional communications experience with a wide range of people and organizations.
- Paid Annual Leave, Vacation days
- Health and Social Insurance
- Flexible work-week
- A supportive and fun work environment
Ideal Candidate for the Position:
- At least 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Previous experience in a clinical or medical setting.
- Strong customer service acumen and respect for client confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Embrace diversity with compassion and respect.
Interested candidates should send a Cover Letter and a CV/Resume to:
Clinical Assistant, Jesse Chen, email@example.com
Clinical Director, Billy Cleary, firstname.lastname@example.org