TELL is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing some of the best, most effective support and counselling services to the international community in Japan, specifically to address the country’s growing mental healthcare needs. Our unique 3-in-1 structure (combining lifeline + counselling outreach pillars within a mission-driven NPO structure), enables us to reach and impact a diverse range of communities. This approach allows us to address intricate human challenges in a more multidimensional and holistic manner.
Role Title: Outreach Director
Employment Type: Full-Time Employee
Work Location: Tokyo (Wesley Center 2F, 6-10-11 Minami Aoyama, Tokyo). Working from home arrangement available.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday (9am – 6pm, 40 hours per week). Additional work outside of these hours may be required to meet job requirements. Flexible working arrangements are available.
Travel Requirements: Availability for regular domestic travel as required
Reports To: Executive Director
- Lead and manage an outreach team of 7, responsible for creating compelling proposals and
presentations for both community and corporate audiences, fostering meaningful connections with
potential donors and sponsors.
- Conduct research to identify target populations, communities, and corporate partners interested in
supporting mental health initiatives.
- Prepare and manage the outreach budget, ensuring effective resource allocation to meet outreach
- Represent TELL at public speaking engagements, workshops, conferences, and on committees to
advance outreach partnerships and opportunities.
- Report on outreach progress and results to TELL’s board, leadership, funders and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years minimum in senior management experience
- Strong understanding of outreach and marketing principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in executing organization-wide public outreach strategies
- Knowledge of mental health issues and reducing stigma
Note: This Role Profile is intended only to provide an outline of the role. More details are available upon request. Specific deliverables will be agreed through the annual performance management process.