TELL is seeking a part-time outreach coordinator for our Kansai activities (15 hours per week). This position will play a key role in enhancing, promoting, and coordinating awareness of our services within the Kansai region community, as well as recruitment of volunteers for the Lifeline.
They will be the first point of contact within the Kansai community and will report to the TELL Outreach Coordinator and work as part of a team dynamic team that is striving to support the mental health needs of our community.
TELL is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing world-class, effective support and counselling services to Japan’s international community and helping to address the country’s growing mental health care needs.
TELL is seeking a part-time outreach coordinator for our Kansai activities (15 hours per week). This position will be responsible for promoting and coordinating within the Kansai region community awareness of TELL’s services, as well as recruitment of volunteer telephone counsellors for the Lifeline. The coordinator will answer to the TELL Outreach Coordinator and serve as the primary point of contact for TELL in Kansai.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attend community events and meetings that have a volunteer/community component
- Liaise with international schools, universities and schools with English-speaking students within the Kansai region
- Liaise with external agencies, including voluntary sector organizations, the media, local authorities, business contacts, trustees and other stakeholders within the Kansai region
- Assist with the recruitment of Kansai volunteers
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of TELL events and campaigns within the Kansai region
- Administrative tasks such as applying for grants and other sources of funding, managing budgets, gathering data, preparing reports, database management and clerical work to meet the charity’s needs
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with a non-profit or community-based organization – preferred
- Interested in making a difference in the community
- Knowledge of the international community in Kansai – preferred
- Excellent organizational, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Experience in an administrative role and proficiency with common computer applications
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Able to work some evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently, with excellent time management skills
To submit a resume or for further information please email Selena Hoy at email@example.com.