Job Title: Office Assistant
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Terms: Part-time position – 24 hours per week
Reporting to: Financial Controller
TELL is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing world-class, effective support and counseling services to Japan’s international community and helping to address the country’s growing mental health care needs. TELL is currently seeking a part-time office assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent book-keeping and data entry skills, some knowledge of HR functions, and will contribute to making TELL a better place to work.
The TELL Office Assistant’s primary function is to provide support with TELL’s finance functions such as payroll, bookkeeping, data entry, as well as providing support with a range of general HR functions. A high level of confidentiality is required as you will assist with personal documents, payroll, policy documentation, and other office functions as needed. This person will report to the Finance Coordinator and work as a team with the other TELL staff.
- Assist with a wide range of finance functions such as:
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll errors.
- Liaise with social/health insurance agencies
- Prepare end-of-year tax statements.
- Vendor payments and other bookkeeping functions as required
- Provide administrative assistance to the HR functions, including creating, maintaining, and updating documents, reports, and records.
- Maintain employee records (attendance, etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives, policies, and procedures
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Provide other office assistance and support as required
- A passion for TELL’s mission
- Excellent data entry and spreadsheet skills
- Computer proficiency (including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office)
- Experience with HR and payroll functions
- Highly organized and flexible
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within a team
- Able to maintain information confidentiality
- Good knowledge of email, scheduling, excel spreadsheet
- Good English speaking and writing capabilities (TELL is an English-language business environment)
- Native Japanese ability (written and verbal communication in Japanese is required)
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Respect for confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Embraces diversity with compassion and respect
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.