Job Title: Clinical Intake Coordinator
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Terms: Full-time Position, 40-hours
Reporting to: Clinical Director
As the global pandemic continues into 2021, many of us are reflecting on life and the things that matter. Have you thought about how you can make a more meaningful impact with your skill, experience, and expertise?
Since 1973 TELL has been a leader as a not-for-profit organization whose mission is dedicated to providing world-class, effective support and counseling services to Japan’s international community, as well as helping to address the country’s growing mental health care needs. Certainly, the current pandemic situation is highlighting even more the essential nature of our work in regards to social and emotional wellbeing. Support and counseling services could not be more important, and indeed in greater demand than ever. The certainty that such professional engagement will need to continue to help people navigate life in all its complexities after the pandemic is clear.
Our relevance as an organization has thus grown even more significantly and TELL is seeking to meet the needs of our community. We are seeking a passionate, focused, and motivated individual to join our Clinical team as a Clinical Intake Coordinator.
Job Summary/ Purpose:
The Clinical Intake Coordinator is responsible for managing and organizing the overall administrative functions of the Intake and client coordination system necessary to support the TELL Counseling (TC) operations of our TELL Tokyo and Teletherapy providers.
The Intake Coordinator (IC) is responsible for managing and processing all incoming service referrals, maintaining communications and relationships with referral sources, and working closely with our clinicians regarding all referral-related matters. The IC will need to be a compassionate and balanced individual, willing to support prospective and current clients who are in distress and needing support.
● Manage TELL’s client Intake system and support TELL’s licensed clinicians.
● Provide professional support to TELL’s prospective clients through email or phone.
● Understand client payment policies and health insurance referral information.
● Maintain consistent communication with the Clinical Director and Clinical Services Coordinator.
● Maintain efficient communications and professional relationships with referral sources.
● Assist with additional administrative functions to support TC operations as necessary.
● Attend clinical and administrative staff meetings.
● Bilingual Japanese and English (fluent reading, writing, and speaking).
● Computer proficiency (including Google Workspace & Microsoft Office).
● Experience in interacting on a professional level with a wide range of people and organizations.
Ideal Candidate for the Position:
● At least 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
● Previous experience in a clinical or medical setting.
● Strong customer service acumen and respect for client confidentiality.
● Excellent organizational and communication skills.
● Embrace diversity with compassion and respect.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.