TELL is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing the best, most effective support and counseling services to the international community in Japan, specifically to address the country’s growing mental healthcare needs. TELL is currently seeing an Events and Marketing Coordinator.
TELL is looking for someone whose joy in life is organising the details of great, fun events. As Marketing and Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for the planning and organization of all TELL fundraisers and social events. This position also includes responsibility for the development of and implementation of TELL’s marketing and public relations plans, to enhance the financial resources that are critical to the organizational health of TELL. This will be achieved by increasing public awareness, boosting engagement and generating funding.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for all TELL events, fundraisers and annual receptions
- Coordination of event logistics and publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution
- Develop and maintain a database of all TELL donors for each event and maintain contact throughout the year
- Research and identify funding opportunities that complement current fundraising activities (e.g. increasing donations from individuals)
- Develop and maintain event databases
- Supervise event committees and interns
- Cultivate and expand event sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain and update information on TELL’s website
- Help to prepare and subsequently supervise the production of a wide range of print and Web-based communications
- Other duties as directed and required
- A passion for TELL’s mission
- A self-starter with strength in both the development and execution of ideas and campaigns
- Strong writing, presentation and organization skills
- Ability to build consensus and work effectively within a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and/or business development/relationship programs
- Demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance – Word Press, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and other computer software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience engaging with audiences on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Experience using online registration and communication tools such as Google Forms, Salesforce, SurveyMonkey etc.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Japanese language ability
- Graphic design skills
- Valid driving license
Your success in this role will be evaluated according to the following criteria
- Ability to successfully execute 4 major TELL events annually that reach their funding targets
- Ability to form positive, collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders, measured through peer feedback
- Ability to streamline current workflows and identify new opportunities for growth, measured through reductions in time-to-task and your active participation in growing TELL
If you are an experienced psychotherapist, and interested in working with us, please send your c.v. and a letter expressing interest to Clinical Director Michael Nevans at firstname.lastname@example.org.