TELL Counseling operates according to a flexible-fee pricing structure/sliding scale fee. Our fee per individual sessions (1 session is 50 minutes) is flexibly designed to accommodate family/ household income. The regular fee is (50 minutes) 20,000 yen (plus tax). The initial fee for a family session (75 minutes) is 30,000 yen (plus tax), and also designed to accommodate income level. Subsequent family sessions are then charged at the standard rate of (50 minutes) 20,000 yen (plus tax). Our Clinical Services Coordinator will be happy to discuss your specific fees further with you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sliding Scale Fee
TELL Counseling operates according to a flexible-fee pricing structure. We use a sliding scale individualized based upon family/ household income. The scale applies for households who have a monthly income of under 700,000 yen. For clients who earn under a certain income level, TELL will provide subsidized sessions. Please note that the sliding scale is applicable only for clients who pay out-of-pocket. We charge the regular fee for clients whose fee is covered by a third party (insurance company, EAP, etc.).
How do I get started?
- If you wish to qualify for sliding scale fee you are required to show proof of gross annual income for all immediate family members living in your household prior to your initial appointment.
- Gross income is ALL income from ALL resources (housing allowances, savings, offshore funds, trust funds, benefits, etc.) before taxes.
- Please email the documents to our Clinical Coordinator at email@example.com or directly to your assigned therapist with the subject line ” your name Income”.
- All provided documents will be kept confidential with the utmost care.
- Your therapist will also be able to discuss your specific fees further with you individually.
Acceptable Income Verification:
- Withholding Income Tax slip /源泉徴収表
- Current pay stubs (recent 2-3 months)
- A copy of recent bank account statement
Service fees (including applicable co-pays, deductibles) are due at/prior to each session. We accept payment by Cash, Bank Transfer, Post Office Transfer, Postal Cash Delivery (genkin kakitome), Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and UFJ) and PayPal. Unfortunately, we cannot accept cash at our Yokohama offices.
For more details about our bank account information, please review the Payment Options Information Sheet.
For distance counseling, clients are required to make payment within 7 days of receipt of service.
We require 24 hours notice for cancellation/re-scheduling. The full fee will be charged directly to clients for missed appointments or appointments cancelled for non-emergency reasons with less than 24 hours notice. For a first appointment, a fee will be charged if you do not show or cancel within 24 hours.
Please understand that the scheduling of an appointment exclusively reserves your therapist’s time to meet with you. If you fail to cancel an appointment in a timely manner or miss your appointment, we are unable to offer your reserved time to another patient.
Insurance companies do not pay for missed sessions.
National Health Insurance
Services at TELL Counseling are not covered by the Japan National Health Insurance.
International Private Insurance plans (Cigna, GeoBlue, TriCare, etc.) provide some benefits to help their members pay for outpatient therapy/mental health services. TriCare Prime offers direct billing for their clients; however, all other clients are responsible for paying fees upfront then submitting payment of receipt to insurance providers for reimbursement. Accordingly, we strongly recommend that clients contact their insurance provider to get specific information about their plan, prior to starting therapy.
It is important to remember that clients are responsible for:
- Obtaining the initial referral to your therapist (when required by your insurance plan).
- Obtaining pre-approval/ authorization for visits directly from your insurance provider (when required).
- Keeping track of your benefit limits.
- Paying all deductibles, co-pays, and other charges not covered by the insurer.
- Informing our office of any changes to your insurance coverage.
- Payment of all charges not reimbursed by your insurance carrier.
Please note that all clients are responsible for all non-reimbursed costs. Denied claims, deductibles, co-pays, missed session fees, late cancellation fees and all other non-reimbursed costs are the responsibility of the client.
TELL Counseling is a provider of CIGNA International, TriCare (ISOS), GeoBlue and HTH International Insurance.
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
TELL Counseling is a provider of Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) for major EAP companies such as Human Dynamic, Workplace Options, ComPsych Corporation, Shepell FGI and Peacemind-JEAP. We also have exclusive contracts with several multinational companies in Tokyo, to provide confidential counseling services for their employees.
EAP is a form of benefit whereby a company arranges for confidential treatment at no cost to their employees and direct family members. Depending on the benefit, some EAP plans may cover the full fee of between 3 to 8 face-to-face counseling sessions in our organization. To find out if your company provides mental health care EAP benefits, contact your workplace’s Human Resource Department prior to making an appointment with TELL Counseling. For more details about this benefit, please see here.